Saturday, May 18, 2013

David Archuleta - Save Image As




The word technology refers to the making, modification, usage, and knowledge of tools, machines, techniques, crafts, systems, and methods of organization, in order to solve a problem, improve a preexisting solution to a problem, achieve a goal, handle an applied input/output relation or perform a specific function. 

The word technology also has a definition that refers to the sum of ways in which social groups provide themselves with the material objects of their civilization. For the purposes of this post we will parallel this definition and apply accordingly.

Five years ago the words ctrl, alt, shift and save could have meant a military weapons exercise movement instead of a common energetic physical action on my computer.  Tumblr, twitter, vlogs were not a language generally practiced in my world.  Screen captures were obviously movies trailers that highlighted a specific scene within the story lines, and how does one bubble tweet? I still haven’t figured out that process. 

It’s not that I don’t appreciate and enjoy these new techno applications as a matter of fact my cell phone never leaves my side.  A jeweled cover with a neck chain now adorns my iPhone so it’s easily accessible for those urgent messages from David Archuleta via Kari.  New tweets, retweets, quote tweets and the ever prominent Direct Message for those personal comments to or from your BFF tweeters have become necessary communication channels.  Trending is the front page of the web checking the pulse of the nation and letting you know what’s happening, but be careful there is also twitter jail.  I imagine my twitter avatar being held hostage until I promise not to mention David Archuleta #2014 for a least five minutes. How unreasonable!  Censorship is not cool! 

Why would they feel we need a break on tweeting about David?  It’s basically the same we talk about, his hair, i.e. fluffy, short, and long, his big smile always present, his eyes, the golden speckles and how beautiful they are.  Of course, his voice is like no other and his clothes take an overall twitter or two to describe. 

Videos and pictures are mainstream David Archuleta conversation topics……..we don’t have enough pictures of David at concerts or Book/CD events so we collage pictures and use instagram to enhance them.  My personal opinion David needs no enhancing and I like the pure shot you can get from your camera without the embellishment. Artistically and creatively I see the desire and the necessity in many posters and ads for effectiveness of merchandising.

Pictures are our life blood as much as his concert videos and I have learned quickly to master the Save Image As button on my computer. Youtube downloading has also been a challenge at times, why do they keep changing the format?  I just figure out where everything is and how it works and then they make it better, or so they say.  Save Image As is always present and keeps David’s pictures readily available and at a right click moment I know I can always view, copy and save them quickly.

Looking back a few years my transistor radio provided me with the enjoyment of all the music I hungered for with a countdown.  The radio, what a relic and the 9 volt battery that needed to be replaced quite often was expensive back then.  Leaving it on all night under my pillow didn’t help……there was no just charging it like we do today with our iPods.  I can tell you that if David was a singer back then he would have been on the radio and his music would have played every day.  I miss having his good music not in the forefront of the radio media industry.

Who would have thought that a sweet 16 year old with an Angel voice and a heart of gold would change the life of so many people?   I love David Archuleta, I know that word is thrown around quite often and perhaps to some it doesn’t always hold the same connotation as it once did.  We love food, places, things, and people but not in the same way.  

Love is expressed as an action and experienced as a feeling. Yet, love has an essence that resists defining in any single way; it encompasses compassion, determination, endurance, support, faith, and much more.  Love cannot be pigeonholed it's never just or only one thing; it happens whenever your heart is open to receiving beauty and wonder of people, things and events around you.

I admire David Archuleta, I am in awe of him for he has a strong sense of values that he refuses to bend or break and maintain his integrity regardless of his celebrity status; and in the midst of setbacks has accomplished his dreams with humility. 

Fans expectations may not be his as there are many who hope he changes when he returns from his mission.  David is excited to learn who he will become when he returns; will he be different, of course, will he loose the qualities we all admire? I think not.  I like David just the way he is and prefer to say I am interested in seeing David pass from one phase to another and develop as any young man would give the same life’s experiences.   My expectations are to allow him to be himself, accept him as he is, not as many may want him to be.

Less than one year away and we will have the opportunity to find out the road David will take and no matter which direction he takes my internal GPS will support and follow. 

David Archuleta - Save Image As

No comments:

Post a Comment