Saturday, March 24, 2012

Bring Back Our Hearts



In these last four years there has been so much to be grateful for!

So many thoughts and emotions, sad and happy moments mixed together.  Tears have been shed but so much joy as we have watched David Archuleta create a rhythm of beating hearts that are joined across the world.  

Though difficult times are ahead for many fans there is always comfort to be found in each other and the knowledge our Heavenly Father knows what we are going through and that he will provide us the strength we need to continue on for the next two years.

How overwhelming David must feel by the out pour of all the love and support fans have given him, now, and all though out his career.  It’s difficult to put into words our feelings and emotions.  Explaining our love for him is impossible, as language isn’t capable of emotions. Words can’t attempt to express our love for him.

As David communicates through his music so brilliantly we must continue to use words and actions.  I came across this quote the other day by Robert Sexton and felt it described how so many fans feel and react when they have the opportunity to speak with David or at least try to.  It reads as the following:

“Sometimes your nearness takes my breath away, and all the things I want to say can find no voice. Then, in silence, I can only hope my eyes will speak my heart.”

Over the last few weeks fans have said “Thank You” to David in several different ways and all has been beautiful, but it never seems to be enough.  We have so much in our hearts to say and be grateful for yet a mist of sadness looms over us as the days come closer to his mission.

Remember, the final scene in Nandiko Ako closes Josh’s journey but David’s adventures are just beginning.  Let’s enjoy every moment that comes to us and embrace his happiness.  He is working hard for his fans up to the very last minute in the recording studio.  How much more can this beautiful young man keep giving?  He reminds me of the commercial of the energizer bunny, no pun intended to that cute bunny wave in the Nandito Ako cab scene.  He just keeps going and going and, yes, he soon will be gone.

 Somehow, somewhere, sometime David will make sure he lets his fans know how he is doing to show his appreciation of all our support and love.  That is just who he is and no matter what, his heart will be heavy with our thoughts.
 
Again, I personally feel a need to say “Thank You” David Archuleta for all the music, laughs, support, and your Thank You’s. Your determination, endurance and commitment to your music have been a joy to watch and I will wait patiently for your return in 2014.

 A song by Natalie Merchant “Kind and Generous” (Thank You), makes me feel it was written with David in mind.  But yet, it will never be enough.


Na Na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na na na
You've been so kind and generous, I don't know how you keep on giving
For your kindness I'm in debt to you
For your selflessness, my admiration
For everything you've done, you know I'm bound, I'm bound to
thank you for it....
Na Na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na na na
You've been so kind and generous, I don't know how you keep on giving
For your kindness I'm in debt to you
And I never could have come this far without you
For everything you've done, you know I'm bound, I'm bound to
thank you for it....
Na Na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na na na
Oh, I want to thank you for so many gifts you gave with love and tenderness,
I wanna thank you
I want to thank you for your generosity, the love and the honesty that you gave me
I want to thank you, show my gratitude, my love and my respect for you,
I wanna thank you
Oh I want to thank you, thank you, thank you,
thank you, thank you, thank you...
: http://www.lyricsmode.com/lyrics/n/natalie_merchant/kind_and_generous.html ]

No comments:

Post a Comment