Monday, April 9, 2012

David Archuleta - "Forevermore" Album Review




Beautiful ballads and upbeat love songs reflecting True Love is a welcomed gift from David Archuleta’s new album “Forevermore”.
Most people experience it through relationships and life’s tender moments.  Everyone has their own definition of true love, but whether he knows it or not, David has given us true love with this gorgeous album.

These original love songs composed by Philippine artists are some of the best love songs the country has produced. David’s interpretations are powerful yet subtle.  This album displays great passion and is eminently listenable.  Many artists are remembered for certain types of songs but David will be remembered for several. 
Beautifully written lyrics and music these songs make me feel good every time I listen to them.  They will remind you of how you feel when you find the one you love.  These songs are a guilty pleasure a collection of poignant love ballads.

“You Are My Song”

You Are My Song, I know down inside

You are mine and I’m your true love

If those lyrics don’t grab you, the soft velvet voice of Archuleta’s singing about true love will deduce you to a large water stain at his feet.

“Rainbow”

These lyrics were tailor made for David –
So baby, please smile, Coz I’m always around you

and I’ll make you see how beautiful

Life is for you and me.

Making life beautiful for so many people, David is an endearing artist who makes every song believable with emotional intensity and a whisper of delicate beauty.  Each song deals with love and in very diverse manners.
Creativity is not bought, sold or born with the vocalizing of a note.  It comes from within, requiring no explanation for its existence.  Such is the growth of David’s journey so far.  His process in music is always fresh and ongoing and his is a voice that needs to be heard.  With David he makes the lyric storyline come to life.  No need for a video when it’s all painted through the music.

What sets David’s voice apart from others is his single, not raw power, but pure emotion.  You can hear feeling in every word. David’s voice is flawless and evokes emotion in every phrase.
David continues to capture and hold me.  His voice is so touching that it makes me cry as his voice takes you to heaven.  He has a magical aura that distinguishes him from his peers.

The music seems to well up in some cavernous place within him, and then floats effortlessly forth.  He possesses one of the most exquisite voices I’ve ever heard. 
He is gorgeous, full of passion with an incredible talent and diversity.  Anyone with even a passing interest in romance should buy this CD.

3 comments:

  1. Pam, I agree completely:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. David once mentioned that music moves people in different ways. He said that it makes you cry, laugh, sentimental, romantic, inspired and so on.
    He is absolutely right and he gives us all of that in this album.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I purchased "Forevermore" and was once again moved by emotion. I am sure there are better voices out there but none that touch the heart quite like the beautiful sound that comes out of David. My heart aches with joy, sadness, emotion, when he sings each note. He takes a bad mood and turns it inside out. That's what he does for me. Two years is two long. I hope you took your keyboard. Write song amazing music while you are gone. God Bless you David.

    ReplyDelete