Saturday, April 24, 2010

David Archuleta's Weekly Review










David's Week In Review


Hello to all Fans!

Another David Archuleta week has passed and we are excited that he can be home this weekend sharing it with his family.  Songwriting in Los Angeles and a beautiful performance in Beverly Hills for the Britweek Gala Dinner Event has kept him busy. 

Enjoy reviewing David's week and see if you missed anythng! 

Have a great week!


Pictures

Monday 19th



David in J-14 Magazine




Media News



Monday 19th




Idol Chatter - Brian Mansfield

David Archuleta prepares for memoir release


Celebra recently brought David Archuleta to New York, as the publisher prepares to release his book Chords of Strength: A Memoir of Soul, Song, and the Power of Perseverance. While there, he got to watch his first book covers come off the press.

Chords of Strength comes out June 1, and each of the book's chapters begins with one of David's favorite inspirational quotes, such as this one from author J.K. Rowling: "It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities."


Wednesday 21st

'American Idol' Reject Katie Stevens Finally Puts Connecticut On The Map


by Jim Cantiello in Music

"American Idol" contestant Katie Stevens had a lofty goal on the show. In an early episode, the 17-year-old from Middlebury, Connecticut, told America she hoped to put her home state on the map.

The bubbly teen stopped by MTV News (along with fellow eliminated "Idol" Andrew Garcia) to chat about that now-famous Connecticut quote and much more.

Did you know that Katie taught herself to play the piano and the guitar? You'd never think it from her "Idol" run. "My whole thing is I had, they called it 'David Archuleta Syndrome' because David Archuleta would always go into rehearsals saying 'I can't play the piano.' And he really could!" she said. "And that was me. I was like, 'I can't do this, I'm gonna go on stage and I'm gonna mess up immediately and I'm gonna flop and not focus on my voice.' But I'm gonna play the piano with 'Let It Be' on tour."

Read entire article: http://newsroom.mtv.com/2010/04/21-american

Thursday 22nd

Topspot
by ccg
“Charice Invited Friend David Archuleta To Watch Her Show At Gay Club.”


American Idol runner-up David Archuleta showed his support to Filipino singing sensation Charice after he watched the latter’s performance at Club 57 in New York City last Saturday (April 17).

The online community is now abuzz over Archuleta’s night out at Club 57, a popular gay club in New York City in the United States, last Saturday. Gay rumors have hounded the American singer since he was spotted at the club.

In his Twitter page, Archuleta said he was at Club 57 to show his support for his Filipino friend, Charice.

The 17-year-old Filipino songstress performed “Pyramid,” her current hit single, and “I Will Survive,” but Archuleta did not sing, confirmed Charice’s mom, Raquel.

For Archuleta’s part, he merely laughed off the gay rumors.

Archuleta tweeted: “Last night in New York I got invited to go and see my friend Charice perform. Mental note to self: always ask where before you go! Wasn’t my kind of place lol, and I had no clue! I guess you live and learn.”

“The upside was that Charice was awesome, and she has an incredible voice. Hope that clears things up! Been seeing some of the tweets.. sheesh! Can get crazy quick. NO worries all, I wouldn’t get into things like that intentionally haha. Hope you guys have a good Sunday!”

According to the “American Idol” finalist, Charice has apologized to him after the rumors surfaced.

“Charice is great and she didn’t mean to cause any harm haha. She apologized a lot after. She’s way nice lol,” he wrote.

Last year, Charice did a duet with Archuleta for the latter’s Christmas album.

Charice met Archuleta when she attended Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade in New York in November 2008.

(The only post that actually reported the facts and not cruel rumors)

Friday 23rd

MTV News
David Archuleta and 'Imagine' Wins MTV Poll

Now that the long and winding road is complete, we can declare the winner of the latest poll. David Archuleta took home the top spot with his rendition of "Imagine," which floored the judges, made the fans swoon and turned Archuleta into a favorite a few years back. He scored a whopping 53 percent of the vote, besting even Bowersox's dominant victory in the earlier poll (this time around, Crystal only mustered one percent). This time around, it was a two man race between Archuleta and the man who finished in second place: Adam Lambert, whose "Mad World" brought in 42 percent of the vote. With 95 percent split up between the top two, the drop-off after Lambert was significant, with only Clay Aiken's "Solitaire" nabbing more than one percent (proof that the Claymates still have some fight in them).



So the challenge is on to the current crop of "American Idol" contestants: Are you better than "Imagine" as sung by David Archuleta? If you are, then stardom awaits.
Read entire article: http://newsroom.mtv.com/2010/04/23/david-archuleta-best-american-idol-performance/


Charity Event
















Monday 19th



We are excited to announce Phase two. Construction on the pathway was slowed down a bit, as Rising Star Outreach completed building the secondary school and the heavy construction trucks had to cross over the area designated for the pathway. Several fans have inquired if they can still get a brick. We are excited to say YES!The bricks are made of Granite and the inscriptions are being sand blasted to last for generations. The pathway will wind through Rising Star's Beautiful property and will include a Gazebo!A $50.00 donation made directly to Rising Star Outreach secures your brick.16 spaces of text per line,up to two linesGranite paver bricks will be laid in the pathway and fans will receive a letter/card in the mail confirming their brick has been placed in the pathwayA dedication celebration is slated for the sometime in June or July on the property of Rising Star. All the children will be able to walk along the path as the ribbon is cut. The children and teachers will be able to read the bricks and know that people from all over the world helped fund their new school.A few days ago a 16 year old fan of David's donated $50.00 and the inscription she chose for her brick, came directly from David's speech at conference in 2009. The quote is "You Do Matter" Please take a minute and think about what you would like on your brick and then contact Rising Star Outreach to make your donation.For more information on how you can secure your brick please visitwww.risingstaroutreach.org/archuleta


Friday 23rd

David performs Imagine and Prayer of the Children - Britweek Gala Dinner




Disney News: David Archuleta Performs At BritWeek 2010
Disney Dreaming


How is he ALWAYS so good?!

David Archuleta performed at the annual BritWeek last night (April 22). BritWeek is a celebration of the accomplishments of those of British heritage in the entertainment industry.

David sang John Lennon’s “Imagine” and the song “Prayer for the Children.” You can watch clips from both performances in the video below. Let us know which is your performance (we don’t blame you if you say they are both so good you can’t choose!).





David's Updates

Friday 23rd

Blog From David - 4/23/10


Hey everyone

I am checking in from LA today, and I've had some good writing sessions this week already. I worked with Guy Chambers, who wrote Angels with Robbie Williams, and Erika Nuri from The Writing Camp. I also had writing sessions last week with Sam Hollander and Sluggo, who my friend Travis from We The Kings actually told me about because he has worked a lot with them. I also worked with a bunch of other really great writers, who you've probably seen me talk about on Twitter. But I actually have another writing session today with the Nexus lol. And I'll let you guys know how that goes too!



So I was able to go home for a couple of days, and I got to spend time with my family!! Sunday was my cousin's birthday, and I had all of my mom's sisters and some of my cousins over visiting from out of town. It was so great getting to have them all there and hanging out with them! A lot of them have birthdays near each other so we just celebrated all of them at once. But family is such a great thing to have, and to have them supporting you and just being there to lift each other up makes a big difference. Having family or friends who are basically family there to do that for you is a huge blessing.

Last night I performed at the BritWeek Gala Event honoring Sir Richard Branson, and was supporting the foundations Save the Children and Virgin Unite. It was a really great night! I was asked to sing Imagine, and then I also sang Prayer of the Children. Nigel Lythgoe had asked me to come sing at the event. It's funny because I actually ran into him at the Atlanta airport not too long ago, and after I saw him there is when he asked me to come sing. Since he was one of the executive producers on American Idol while I was there, I owe a lot to him for giving me the opportunities I've been able to have from the show. He's a good guy haha. But man, Morgan Freeman was there and I wish I had gotten the chance to meet him! I went to use the restroom and kept getting stopped and talking to people, never really getting time to go over and talk to him. But I think he's just one of the coolest guys.

In LA there are a lot of signs around saying "April is Earthquake Preparedness Month." I think it's really important to remind people about how we need to think about what we would do in an emergency like an earthquake, or any other kind of situation like that. I think it'd be great if you have a family to go through what everyone would do in an emergency, and come up with a plan on how to deal with things. Things like food storage and emergency kits can be so useful in an emergency. I probably sound weird right now lol, but I think with everything happening it's important to get people thinking about it and being prepared for possible events to happen. Keeping a water supply, non-perishable foods, flashlights, things like that. Just to keep in mind I guess. There are websites you can find out more info on. Here are a couple:

http://www.ready.gov/


http://www.72hours.org/


I don't want to sound like I'm paranoid or anything lol, but you never know what could happen. I'm going to try and get back home for the weekend and just go through things with my family and make a plan too. I remember in school they were talking about how Utah is due for a pretty big earthquake too, and with everything going on right now you never know what could happen.

Well sorry for going off on that, but I'm going to get back into this writing session I'll tweet later and try to get another blog up next week. Adios!

Song for the day: I Am Not A Robot - Marina and the Diamonds

This is probably my favorite song right now lol. Just really quirky


Fan Love


Tuesday 20th

Top 100 Songs App for the iPod Touch - Crush #28!







 
Saturday 24th


Twitter Followers


360,442 - David Archuleta


Go David!



Booksales Update

Tuesday 20th


 
David's Sales Are Increasing!

Amazon.com Sales Rank: #8,858 in Books (See Bestsellers in Books)
Popular in these categories:
#2 in Books > Biographies & Memoirs > Arts & Literature > Composers & Musicians > Pop

#3 in Books > Entertainment > Music > Musical Genres > Popular

#6 in Books > Entertainment > Pop Culture > Music

Music Updates

Amazon.com
David Archuleta Album
#15 - Teen Pop

Amazon.com Sales Rank: #2,529 in Music (See Bestsellers in Music)

Christmas From The Heart
Popular in these categories:
#11 in Music > Miscellaneous > Holiday > Opera & Vocal
#16 in Music > Miscellaneous > Holiday > General Christmas
#53 in Music > Pop > Vocal Pop > Classic

Weekly Favorite

Saturday 24th

LA Times Entertainment - Idol Tracker
by Shirley Halperin

'Idol's' biggest charmers


April 23, 2010
6:38 pm

A confession: Tim Urban charmed me. Some, like L.A. Times music critic Ann Powers, might call it pointed manipulation, but I've met the kid and there's not a deceitful bone in his happy-go-lucky body. To the contrary, Tim is a gentleman. He was home-schooled and raised right. He doesn't swear, says gosh instead of God, and good performance or bad, his eternally optimistic outlook never diminished. In fact, it was contagious. So in honor of his recent exit, and because the bushy-haired comeback kid reminded me of getting-to-know-you moments with a few "American Idol" favorites, here's my top five picks for "Idol's" biggest charmers. (Surprisingly, they're not all from the South.

5. David Archuleta: Here's another portrait of an Idol charmer: It's no more than a two-minute walk from the "Idol" stage doors to the parking lot, but for Archuleta, who came in second to Cook on Season 7, that can take more than half an hour. That's because the well-mannered Archie insists on hugging and catching up with each and every member of the crew, from the producers to wardrobe staffers, security and even the dude at the craft services table -- all people with whom he's on a first-name basis. In truth, not even the burliest stagehand can resist Archie's dimples, nervous laugh and aw-shucks shrug to anything even slightly out of his comfort zone, and neither can this seasoned "Idol" observer.

1. David Cook 2. Adam Lambert 3. Casey James 4. Kellie Pickler 5. David Archuleta
(Frankly I feel she should at least reverse the order! Haha!)



What do you think of my picks? Who did I leave out? Has an Idol ever charmed you?

No comments:

Post a Comment